NEXT EDGE LLC
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
Liability Waiver: Release of liability for personal injuries and for personal loss of property at Next Edge LLC, Client and or guest(s) expressly agrees that all use of all equipment shall be at the client's sole risk.
1. In consideration for receiving services at Next Edge LLC and utilizing their health and wellness equipment (herein after referred to as “equipment”), I hereby release, waive, discharge in advance, and hold harmless Next Edge LLC Officers (including but not limited to officials, employees, agents, franchisees and volunteers), (all of whom are referred to as “releasees”), from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of actions whatsoever arising out of or related to any damage or injury that may be sustained by me, due to any act of negligence of any of releasees, while using any equipment, due to the use of any equipment, or due to any condition of any premises of the Next Edge LLC.
2. I hereby confirm that no warranty or guarantee, or other assurance has been made to me covering the results of the use of equipment. I have been explained and I understand the process, including possible adverse reactions, side effects, or other possible complications. It is understood that MY CONSENT, as indicated by checking the box below, is being given in advance of any administration of the process and is being given by me voluntarily to use any equipment of the Next Edge LLC.
3. I am fully aware of the risks connected with the equipment, and I am voluntarily participating in said equipment usage and entering Next Edge LLC premises to engage in such usage. I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS that maybe engaged in such an activity.
4. It is my express intent that this Release and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind the members of my family and shall be deemed as a RELEASE WAIVER AND DISCHARGE of the above named. I hereby further agree that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Iowa.
5. I understand that the equipment of Next Edge LLC is designed for fitness and appearance enhancing use only, by persons in good health. I have been advised that if I suffer from any medical condition or illness whatsoever, I am NOT TO USE the equipment without my doctor’s written permission.
6. If I shall faint due to excess nitrogen inhalation, I hold myself responsible for all injuries should I fall and the cryosauna attendant has the right to assist me.
7. The ownership and staff shall not be responsible or liable to me and/or my guest for articles lost or stolen at Next Edge LLC or for loss or damage to any other guest, including wallets, keys, jewelry, and the like.
8. I grant permission to Next Edge LLC to use my image for use in media publications including videos, emails, brochures, newsletters, magazines, newspapers, general publications, website, and social media. I hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished photographs or electronic matter that may be used now or in the future and I waive any rights to royalties or other compensation arising from or relating to the use of any images.
9. By signing this agreement, I am confirming that I am in good health and do not have any of the following conditions (or I have written consent of a physician to use proper equipment).
Use of the Cocoon Fitness Pod System is not recommended for individuals with the following conditions: epilepsy, active cancer, broken bones or slipped disc, intoxication, infectious or contagious skin conditions (skin lesions, open abrasions and/or areas of inflammation or persistent erythema), outfitted with pacemakers or defibrillators, insensitivity to heat (i.e. erythema ab igne). Individuals with the following conditions are advised to obtain written physician consent before using the Cocoon Fitness Pod System: pregnancy or lactating, heart disease and/or other cardiovascular conditions, diabetes, using medications such as diuretics, barbiturates, anticholinergics, and/or beta blockers, hemophiliacs/Individuals prone to bleeding, individuals with implants, individuals with sensitive skin or poor blood circulation.
Cryotherapy is not recommended for people with the following conditions: pregnancy, severe hypertension (blood pressure> 180/100), acute or recent myocardial infarction, unstable angina pectoris, arrythmia, symptomatic cardiovascular disease, cardiac pacemaker, peripheral arterial occlusive disease, venous thrombosis, acute or recent cerebrovascular accident, uncontrolled seizures, severe Raynaud’s Syndrome, fever, tumor disease, symptomatic lung disorders, bleeding disorders, severe anemia, infection, cold allergy, acute kidney and urinary tract diseases.
There are some conditions that may be adversely affected by the use of an Infrared Sauna. If you have any of the following conditions, please consult with your physician before use: pregnancy, adrenal suppression, SLE (Systemic Lupus Erythematous), Multiple Sclerosis, hyperthyroidism, hemophilia, acute joint injuries, enclosed infections (dental, joints, tissue), artificial joints, metal pins, or any other implants. Also, check with your physician or pharmacist for any possible effects that infrared radiation may have on how the drug interacts with the body. If, at any point during your session in the Infrared Sauna you stop sweating, your skin becomes clammy, you feel weak, tired or nauseous, leave the sauna immediately. Individuals who use prescription drugs should seek the advice of their physician for any possible changes in the drug effect when the body is exposed to infrared waves or elevated body temperature. Diuretics, barbiturates and beta-blockers may impair the body’s natural heat loss mechanisms. Anticholinergics such as amitriptyline may inhibit sweating and can predispose individuals to heat rash or to a lesser extent, heat stroke. Some over-the-counter drugs, such as antihistamines, may also cause the body to be more prone to heat stroke.
Oxygen Bar use is not recommended for people with respiratory conditions such as: COPD, cystic fibrosis, asthma, emphysema. Consult your doctor before using an oxygen bar if you have a heart condition, vascular disorder, or other chronic medical condition.
Consult your doctor before using Photobiomodulation Therapy if you are: sensitive to light, pregnant, taking drugs known to cause sensitivity of skin to light, have any suspicious or cancerous lesions, recently had a steroid injection or use topical steroids.
Avoid using PEMF if you have any of the following conditions: pregnancy, epilepsy, pacemaker, cochlear implants, implanted metals, joint replacements, dental implants, mechanical heart valves, metal stents, metal staples.
10. Checking the box below constitutes my acknowledgement that (1) I have read, understood and fully agree to the foregoing consent; (2) the proposed use of all equipment have been satisfactorily explained to me and I have all the information I desire; (3) I hereby give my authorization and consent. This CONSENT SHALL STAND AS LONG AS I USE ANY EQUIPMENT OF Next Edge LLC now and in the future; (4) that I am in good health and do not have any contraindicated conditions or that I have written physician consent to participate in activities; and (5) that I have signed this waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement of my own free and voluntary will, without any threat or coercion whatsoever.